Set the foundation for your technology strategy
Using our patented EnAvant methodology, we conduct full-scale assessments of your organization to examine your people, processes, and technology. This analysis helps you identify future objectives, understand your current state of business processes, and create a road map to reach these future goals. The assessment will seek to address the following topics:
- What are the critical IT systems and services required to support current and future business processes?
- What is the current state of these systems and services in terms of: architectural best practices, stability, maintainability, ability to scale with your organization’s growth, flexibility to adjust to changing business conditions, and quality assurance?
- What is your organization’s future state vision for these systems and can they deliver?
- What are the best practices to mitigate risk and close gaps?
- When (and to what degree) should the components of the vision be implemented?
- What are the technologies needed to support these components? What are the training and process implications based on these technologies?
- What is the roadmap from the perspectives of organization, processes, and technologies?
We’re a small company that doesn’t always need a full time DBA in house, but our highly complex platform with critical performance and availability SLAs requires an experienced 24×7 DBA readily available. Solvaria is great to work with on everyday tasks as well as complex projects, and it’s helpful to work with a DBA team and company that is local. The face-to-face team approach combined with the knowledgeable, experienced, and responsive people at Solvaria is hard to beat.
Before working with Solvaria, our company had poor database server performance and insufficient internal knowledge and skills to fix and maintain it. The Solvaria team brings the skills and knowledge we need, but lots of companies could do that. Their highly-responsive, customer-centric approach sets them apart from other data services organizations and they make me feel appreciated as a client. We get everything that we would need from a full-time DBA at a fraction of the cost.
Our company had grown to the point where we needed a more professional database administration team. We had tried hiring DBAs but there was not enough consistent work to warrant having a full-time employee. When I approached my executive team with the cost estimates for replacing our previous DBA vendor with Solvaria, it was a no brainer. We were essentially getting three resources for less than what we were paying for just one from the previous vendor. And all three Solvaria resources have played an active role in our company’s growth with database technologies.
Our main issue was that we were consistently running into smaller problems that ended up having larger impacts. Our DBA team at the time was not up to speed on the latest database technologies and was not proactive in recommending certain changes. Solvaria jumped right in and made a point to become part of our company, not just an outsourced vendor. They quickly brought our systems up to speed and put the monitoring in place we needed.
A key difference between Solvaria and other database vendors is availability. It is reassuring that if I have a deployment or upgrade and I reach out to the team and ask if anyone is available, I always get back a friendly response that Solvaria is ready when we need them.