Embrace a “data-driven” culture
On average, it takes most companies about five years to fully embrace a “data-driven” culture. Big transformations take time, and while the vast majority of firms aspire to being “data-driven,” a much smaller percentage have realized this ambition. Cultural transformations seldom occur overnight.
That’s where we come in. Solvaria’s team of experienced Data Scientists work with the ecosystem of personnel, technology, and process to put your company on the path to implementing Data Analytics.
To help this transformation take shape, we create a proposed roadmap for your organization, identify ROI of implementation, identify the needed personnel and skills, provide POCs to demonstrate value, and recommend an analytics architecture for success.
Specific services include:
- Data Science Assessment/ POC Creation: For organizations interested in implementing Data Analytics but needing direction on where to start, an assessment can give you a clear picture of how Analytics can not only be incorporated into your corporate culture, but also where you will get the most bang for your buck.
- SOW Projects: Have a specific analytics project in mind, but need the extra bandwidth or expertise to execute it? Our data scientists will gather requirements, interview users, and create a proposal to estimate the scope of effort of your project. The estimate includes options for total man hours and can be executed by:
- Solvaria data scientists
- Your organization’s team
- A hybrid of Solvaria’s resources and yours
- Recommendation and a configuration for success
- Fractional Chief Analytics Officer Services: Our Fractional-CAO model allows you to have a better-faster-cheaper solution in an emerging field where talent is hard to find. Our team will place a resource in an agreed-upon number of hours that suits your company’s needs.
- Monitoring and Maintenance: While implementing Data Analytics into your organization can be an exciting step for your business, the back end of your systems to ensure your environment is operating at its optimal level is an equally important step to long-term success. Here’s how we can help:
- We’ll handle the care and feeding of your analytics environment so your staff can focus on your business goals.
- We’ll constantly ensure the platform is sized appropriately for your analytics efforts.
- We’ll maintain tuning, sizing, and cost control for cloud analytics. We’ll make sure your sizing is appropriate for the AU.
- Data science team mentoring and training: Are you building a team of data professionals? Or have a team of junior data scientists who need a leader? Our team will help hire, help mentor, and teach the disciplines needed for your organization with the goal of it becoming self-sufficient. This model is best suited for organizations that are already down the path of implementing Data Analytics and are now ready to train the right people to manage and maintain the ongoing initiatives.
We’re a small company that doesn’t always need a full time DBA in house, but our highly complex platform with critical performance and availability SLAs requires an experienced 24×7 DBA readily available. Solvaria is great to work with on everyday tasks as well as complex projects, and it’s helpful to work with a DBA team and company that is local. The face-to-face team approach combined with the knowledgeable, experienced, and responsive people at Solvaria is hard to beat.
Before working with Solvaria, our company had poor database server performance and insufficient internal knowledge and skills to fix and maintain it. The Solvaria team brings the skills and knowledge we need, but lots of companies could do that. Their highly-responsive, customer-centric approach sets them apart from other data services organizations and they make me feel appreciated as a client. We get everything that we would need from a full-time DBA at a fraction of the cost.
Our company had grown to the point where we needed a more professional database administration team. We had tried hiring DBAs but there was not enough consistent work to warrant having a full-time employee. When I approached my executive team with the cost estimates for replacing our previous DBA vendor with Solvaria, it was a no brainer. We were essentially getting three resources for less than what we were paying for just one from the previous vendor. And all three Solvaria resources have played an active role in our company’s growth with database technologies.
Our main issue was that we were consistently running into smaller problems that ended up having larger impacts. Our DBA team at the time was not up to speed on the latest database technologies and was not proactive in recommending certain changes. Solvaria jumped right in and made a point to become part of our company, not just an outsourced vendor. They quickly brought our systems up to speed and put the monitoring in place we needed.
A key difference between Solvaria and other database vendors is availability. It is reassuring that if I have a deployment or upgrade and I reach out to the team and ask if anyone is available, I always get back a friendly response that Solvaria is ready when we need them.