Remote or On-Site Managed DBA Services
Alleviate the burden on your internal staff and let our team of senior-level DBAs give your database environment the attention it deserves. We take a proactive approach to monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting, and provide all services in a flexible delivery model. Our team evaluates your applications and optimizes the physical structure of your database. This includes space management, I/O distribution and parameter tuning, and more, including:
- 24×7 platform and database professional monitoring and response notification
- Monitor backups daily to ensure successful completion
- Database monitoring to ensure database health
- Monitor database object sizes and scaling fragmentation as needed
- Monitor database / application performance and tuning as needed
- Troubleshoot performance issues related to the database/application
- Provide performance tuning for poorly performing queries, SSIS packages, stored procedures or outdated code
- Migrate database objects between test and production environment based on project schedule
- Monitor for database upgrade/patches relevant to systems / application environment (scheduled in advance to minimize any disruption and to reduce server downtime)
- Execute and monitor routine database checks to ensure database integrity and health
- Install upgrades to database and/or tools as needed (driven by customer to minimize any disruption to development / production efforts)
- Monthly status and monitoring reports
- Maintain development / QA environments to keep in sync with production data
- Provide contact point for database-related support
- Maintain existing documentation
- Backup and recovery and disaster recovery planning
- ISO and audit compliance
- Use of problem and change management systems
We’re a small company that doesn’t always need a full time DBA in house, but our highly complex platform with critical performance and availability SLAs requires an experienced 24×7 DBA readily available. Solvaria is great to work with on everyday tasks as well as complex projects, and it’s helpful to work with a DBA team and company that is local. The face-to-face team approach combined with the knowledgeable, experienced, and responsive people at Solvaria is hard to beat.
Before working with Solvaria, our company had poor database server performance and insufficient internal knowledge and skills to fix and maintain it. The Solvaria team brings the skills and knowledge we need, but lots of companies could do that. Their highly-responsive, customer-centric approach sets them apart from other data services organizations and they make me feel appreciated as a client. We get everything that we would need from a full-time DBA at a fraction of the cost.
Our company had grown to the point where we needed a more professional database administration team. We had tried hiring DBAs but there was not enough consistent work to warrant having a full-time employee. When I approached my executive team with the cost estimates for replacing our previous DBA vendor with Solvaria, it was a no brainer. We were essentially getting three resources for less than what we were paying for just one from the previous vendor. And all three Solvaria resources have played an active role in our company’s growth with database technologies.
Our main issue was that we were consistently running into smaller problems that ended up having larger impacts. Our DBA team at the time was not up to speed on the latest database technologies and was not proactive in recommending certain changes. Solvaria jumped right in and made a point to become part of our company, not just an outsourced vendor. They quickly brought our systems up to speed and put the monitoring in place we needed.
A key difference between Solvaria and other database vendors is availability. It is reassuring that if I have a deployment or upgrade and I reach out to the team and ask if anyone is available, I always get back a friendly response that Solvaria is ready when we need them.