What Are The Benefits Of A Technology Strategy?
- Long-term planning is more effective and cost-efficient than short-term, reactive action
- Allows the technology side of your business to interact with the business side
- Improves company business practices and IT management best practices
What Can Happen Without A Technology Strategy?
- Overburdened DBAs “in the weeds” with no big-picture vision
- Lack of staff expertise
- Miscommunication between technology experts and business experts in your business
- Insufficient IT leadership
- Lack of formalized procedures
- Poor service quality
What Is Solvaria’s Technology Strategy Assistance Process?
Using our patented EnAvant methodology, we conduct full-scale assessments of your organization to examine your people, processes, and technology. This analysis helps you identify future objectives, understand your current state of business processes, and create a road map to reach these future goals. The assessment will seek to address the following topics:
- What are the critical IT systems and services required to support current and future business processes?
- What is the current state of these systems and services in terms of: architectural best practices, stability, maintainability, ability to scale with your organization’s growth, flexibility to adjust to changing business conditions, and quality assurance?
- What is your organization’s future state vision for these systems and can they deliver?
- What are the best practices to mitigate risk and close gaps?
- When (and to what degree) should the components of the vision be implemented?
- What are the technologies needed to support these components? What are the training and process implications based on these technologies?
- What is the roadmap from the perspectives of organization, processes, and technologies?
What Is A Fractional CIO?
A fractional CIO, or Chief Information Officer, develops and executes technology roadmaps that align with company visions. Like hiring a managed services DBA over a full-time DBA, hiring a fractional CIO provides experience at a fraction of the cost.
What Are Solvaria’s Fractional CIO Services?
We go through a four-phase process that begins with an inventory of critical systems:
Phase 1 – Assess Current State and Identify Potential Gaps
Phase 2 – Assess Future State
Phase 3 – Integrate Assessments
Phase 4 – Develop Actionable Roadmap
From there, we would collaborate with your leadership team to create a unique technology roadmap that aligns with your company vision and discuss future mentorship and guidance of your internal IT team.